An “Alice in Wonderland” theme for a wedding? Well, that admittedly got us “curiouser and curiouser”! Susan Marie of Love the Blooms shared what a delight it was for her to design the florals and decorations that went into such a zany, yet whimsical wedding scene. As she described it, “The goal was to achieve a beautiful romantic look while including the peculiar elements from one of the bride’s favorite movies, Tim Burton’s ‘Alice in Wonderland.’ ” And she certainly achieved that and more!
A Stunning and Stylish Alice Theme! Check it Out!
- A soft palette of blush, pewter, and white with pops of red to set the tone for the table settings
- Towering centerpieces featuring ornate candelabra topped with flowers and (a detail we love!) dainty tea cups seeming to float in mid-air, dangling from ribbons
- Bejeweled dragonflies and glittery butterflies perched among the florals
- Apothecary jars filled with the bride’s favorite flowers
- Hanging votive holders containing single rose buds
- Petite flower arrangements in moss-filled teacups and teapots, some labelled “Take me”
- A recurring theme of playing cards with the ‘hearts’ suit, used for the table numbers and menu cards
- And a sweet showstopper of a wedding cake—much like those topsy-turvy Mad Hatter creations but all in pink with rhinestone trimmings, plus the most clever stream of ‘tea’ made from a curling ribbon!
As Susan Marie herself put it, “it was hard not to smile” in a room decked out in such a whimsical scene! In fact, even the wedding ceremony gazebo and aisle were decorated with Wonderland touches, too. Visit the full Love the Blooms’ post to enjoy all the other pretty details!
Photography: Rubber Boots Photography