Dreaming of a ‘beach glam’ wedding with a softer, more romantic and sophisticated feel to it than the usual rugged or boho styling? Your dream can come true! Searching the web for seaside wedding inspiration in a palette of cool turquoise and soft pink, we saw a fabulous look taking shape—from invites to reception decor to wedding cake and favors to bridal ensemble. But first up, we’ve included some glamorous take-away ideas for you!
Tips for How to Add that Wow Factor
The challenge here is to keep true to the seaside location, while glitzing the look up with elements normally seen at classic, indoor weddings. Here are some suggestions for that added ‘wow’ factor:
- Start with long tables arranged in a continuous graceful curve on the sand, and dress these up with glistening sequined table cloths or runners.
- Set your tables with fine china and glassware edged in silver or gold, with beaded or jeweled chargers and fancy flatware to match.
- Your lighting should be equally striking. Think lots of candles and tea lights in varied containers (ones that provide protection from the wind, like lanterns and cylinder vases). The mood will be so romantic.
- Hanging a few actual chandeliers outdoors may call for some creative wiring. But the opulent effect will be definitely worth it!
- Flowers, flowers, flowers are a must at a beach wedding. But again, spring that element of surprise with classic wedding blooms, rather than the expected tropical ones. Consider gorgeous peonies, roses, mums, and even tulips and hydrangeas.
- Set up a bar serving fine wines and classic cocktails in elegant glasses. Plus an elaborate champagne tower that’s sure to impress!
- Prepare a lavish dessert and sweets buffet with a French twist, presenting an array of macarons, petit fours, eclairs, French marshmallows, chocolate-covered almonds, meringues, and pates de fruits. As an alternative to a traditional wedding cake, consider a towering croquembouche.
- Finally for favors, you could re-package gourmet sea salt in quaint vintage bottles trimmed with raffia and tiny sea shells. Or for something extra-special, give mother-of-pearl items such as earrings, pendants, tie clips, cuff links, or napkin rings.
What’s Behind the Inspiration
1 – Trendy stripes and nautical graphics (gotta love the octopus in a masquerade mask!) set a chic, fun vibe for this turquoise and white invitation suite.
2 – We saw how perfect the color of this raspberry-infused vodka from would be for this beach wedding palette. So we just had to suggest giving bottles of it as favors!
3 – ‘Sailor’s knot’ escort cards are the perfect symbol for ‘tying the knot,’ don’t you think? These ones from a real wedding are jazzed up with hip chevron tags.
4 – More sparkle can come via uber-glam china, glassware and flatware for your place settings, as in this fab example. The pink florals add a pretty splash of color!
5 – What’s a glam wedding without a magnificent display of candle light! And how stunning is this little candlescape from a styled shoot—right on the sand, protected by glass cylinders and paired with bold, bright florals.
6 – You can still have your dream glam wedding cake even at the beach. Take inspiration from this creation made extra eye-catching with glittery touches, a turquoise table cloth, plus lots of candle glow!
7 – Beadwork that reminds us of graceful coral fronds adorns this bridal dress. Such a stunning effect!
8 – A turquoise ribbon wrap on your wedding bouquet may be all you need as a beach-like accent. Just look at this delightful multi-colored bouquet from a real wedding.
9 – For seaside-appropriate footwear, we love these sparkly Miu Miu sandals. The straps even seem to form a glitzy starfish shape!
We hope this post helped show you the ‘beach glam’ possibilities! Now, are you ready to head out to the seaside to exchange your vows?
Image credits: 1 – Paper Blog / 2 – Martha Stewart Weddings / 3 – Wedding Chicks / 4 – Trent Bailey Photography, via Destination I Do Magazine / 5 – Jose Villa, via Inspired By This / 6 – Fleur de Lisa Wedding Cakes, via Style Me Pretty / 7 – Kevan Hall Designs, via Once Wed (styling by Joy Thigpen / photo by Jose Villa) / 8 – Kate Baker Florals, via Ruffled / 9 – Destination I Do Magazine with credits to Carmen Santorelli Photography