How lucky can a couple be to have a wedding venue just oozing with character! This is exactly the case with this gorgeous neo-vintage wedding we stumbled upon on the lovely boutique blog Whimsy Decor. Blog and boutique owner Traci showcased how she and the bride and groom took advantage of the many charms of this ‘tudor revival style estate.’ And then decorated with vintage-inspired elements that looked as though they were an original part of the venue. We were totally smitten!
Overall Decor for the Venue
The manor itself was the oh-so-romantic backdrop to the entire occasion. Lovely casement windows, arched doorways, tiled floors, rich wood panelling. So, Traci’s photos show her styling choice of combining rustic burlap, twine, and raffia with dainty lace, vintage fabrics, and doilies. Utterly charming and shabby chic!
Then, note the vintage-inspired pieces she and the bride added for a touch of whimsy (living up to her boutique name, of course!):
- burlap bunting with the bride and groom’s names
- a black vintage suitcase used as a chalkboard sign
- free-standing columns to hang the escort cards on, with a top hat-wearing dressmaker’s form alongside
- bric-a-brac, old books, globes, and framed family photos filling built-in shelves
- a vintage typewriter and an old wooden card box for guests to leave their notes and wishes
- random pompoms, pinwheels, bits of lace and doilies—with a scattering of raffia here and there
Touches of Neo-Vintage Table Details
For the reception area, this same rustic-vintage aesthetique was carried through. As Traci explains, the head table and each guest table were decorated in a slightly different way. The delightful details that caught our eye are:
- floral-patterned china, vintage glassware, mini milk glass vases, even crystal salt and pepper shakers
- the charming “Hitched” banner on the couple’s table
- the monogrammed burlap runner
- vintage tins holding lovely wildflower-style centerpieces
- ‘neo’ touches slipped in like menu cards with trendy striped borders and napkin rings trimmed with buttons
A Gorgeous Sweets Table for Guests
Even the desserts display was a neo-vintage sight to behold! Isn’t that shabby chic style dresser just to die for? With that as the showcase piece, the rest (including the sweets themselves) followed suit:
- a delectable assortment of cookies, cupcakes, and pie all ‘in color’ in shades of ivory, brown, and beige—and all prepared by the family, take note!
- gorgeous cake stands in white ceramic, amber glass, and crystal
- tiered pastry trays and dome-covered glass cake stands
A huge thank you to Traci for sharing this entire gorgeous scene with her Whimsy Decor readers. That way we got to discover all the lovely details and showcase them in this Fabulous Feature! We may not all have an estate this enchanting to celebrate in, but we’ve certainly been inspired by your rustic-vintage styling approach. Please visit the entire post to see all the beautiful details of this casual chic wedding!