In love with l’amour? And swoon over the romantic lyrics of “La Vie en Rose”? Then, this latest Fabulous Feature is for you. A gorgeous styled shoot imbued with the over-the-top flair of Paris’ famed Moulin Rouge! And the creative talent behind it all is event and wedding designer, Jessie Baca. We felt this would be a dramatic departure from the pastels, ruffles, and dainty details of the traditional weddings we all know and love. So all the more reason to share it with you especially with Valentine’s Day right around the corner!
A Parisian Cabaret Recreated
As Jessie herself described it, this setting is perfect for “an evening flooded with glamour, a romantic wedding, or even a sultry bachelorette party.” And the elements she brought together amazingly recreate a luxe Parisian cabaret.
- – a rich palette of burgundy, red, black, and ivory unifying the complex mix of decorative details
- – opulent embellishments like lush red roses, black plumes and pheasant feathers, gleaming crystal ware and silver, ornate candelabra
- – a bottle of champagne in a vintage-style silver bucket, awaiting a celebratory toast!
Over-the-Top Table Decorations
Looking more closely, we couldn’t help but marvel at the creative touches Jessie used to maintain the Moulin Rouge ambiance on the party tables.
- – fancy place settings topped with ornately packaged favors reminiscent of cabaret costumes (don’t you just love the scrolled ‘Merci’ tags?)
- – table numbers in intricately carved black frames
- – cafe lamps with red fabric shades trimmed with hanging crystal beads
- – mirrored ballson the table top and balanced on candlesticks
Tres Chic Chair Decor
Beyond the table settings, the fabulous chair adornments are further evidence of Jessie’s eye for detail.
- – red and black fabric swags draped from the chair backs down to the floor (visible in the full table view)
- – vintage playing cards with “mademoiselle” illustrations that she attached to folded paper rosettes
- – faux gemstones, jet black ostrich feathers, and more scrolls with hand calligraphy as the perfect finishing touches!
Definitely a fabulous feature in every sense of the word, don’t you agree?
But there’s more where all this came from! Be inspired by Jessie’s creative styling for an entire range of occasions, by visiting her amazing site.