There’s something undeniably exotic about a wedding bouquet of tropical blooms. The strikingly vibrant colors and shapely petals immediately transport you to a sunkissed paradise—that is, if you aren’t there already for a romantic destination wedding!
Imagine our delight, then, to search through blogland for tropical bouquet inspiration to share with you. We wanted to give you ideas on what fabulous florals are possible for your own summertime nuptials, whether you’ll be having an actual beach wedding or simply creating a seaside look in a city setting!
Such Pretty Finds!
- Attention-grabbing stargazer lilies dominate this bridal arrangement by Kelly’s Wedding Flowers Gallery. Don’t you just love the white edging of the petals, making the hot pink and orange of this bouquet really pop!
- Fresh, crisp, and exotic. That’s the look of this white and green bouquet by Flora Bella, (found via Bollea.com), featuring cymbidium orchids, parrot tulips, and Paphiopedilum orchids. Imagine walking down the aisle holding this!
- Love this contrast of tangy green cymbidium orchids against deep purple phalaenopsis orchids (image: Valley Flower Company)! Blogger Sarah of The Painted Primrose points out that, while tropical blooms may be pricey, you can actually achieve greater impact with fewer blooms!
- If you’re hoping to infuse 2012’s tango tangerine into your ceremony, then take a cue from Karen Tran Florals. For this dream wedding in Hawaii, they created a bouquet using hot orange lilies, protea, orchids, and white plumeria.
- This “forever keepsake” bouquet from etsy shop Flowers By the Vase makes use of only one bloom, the yellow-centered plumeria frangipani, that is traditionally associated with the tropics. The sparkly ribbon-covered handle gives it an elegant finish.
- The mix of orange, yellow, fuchsia and red in this orchid bouquet styled by Petalena (image: Joyelle West Photography) would seem too over-the-top for a classic Western wedding—but not for a tropical ceremony!
- The better to show off exotic tropical blooms, The Original Flower Company, offers what they call “pageant style” hand-tied bridal bouquets like this one. This graceful arrangement features heliconia, ginger, orchids, and broad tropical leaves folded into a natural bow.
- Another version of the frangipani bouquet, found on Ginger Designs, incorporates touches of soft pink and the contrast of green tropical leaves. Sweet, simple, and perfectly suited to the theme!