Have you thought of “popping the question” at a picnic? Why not? If you both love the outdoors anyway, this would provide the perfect excuse to enjoy an al fresco meal in a scenic spot – and surprise her with the ring right there! Need a little help to make the moment extra special? Then, you’ll just love these amazing proposal packages being offered that you can choose from! Or if you opt to plan your own summer picnic proposal, we offer some pointers to make it just as perfect.
Picnic Proposal Packages to Choose From
1 – Surprise Proposal in Central Park – The Central Park Proposal Package has planners work with you from start to finish to create the perfect proposal, from selecting the ideal location within this world-renowned landmark, to booking your photographer, musicians, flowers, plus customizable add-ons if you wish – including a romantic picnic setup. Contact them here to make inquiries about booking your proposal.
2 – “The Picnic Proposal” on a Tropical Beach – Married with Aloha assures you that “all you have to do is show up.” It takes care of all the proposal details from a beautiful beach location, to a filled picnic hamper, picnic blanket and cushions, fresh orchid leis, a bouquet of roses, chilled sparkling cider for the engagement toast, rose petals and candles to surround your picnic blanket, even a Polaroid camera to capture instant memories of the moment.
3 – A Proposal in Romantic Paris – Picnics Paris by Zia offers gourmet picnics-to-go in conjunction with Pictours™ Paris which provides surprise proposal packages. These begin with assistance in finding the dream Paris location and include a photo capture of the priceless event over a duration of about 25 minutes, resulting in 30+ edited images.
4 – Boho Picnic Proposal – Australia-based Impact Style Design offers this intimate and casual package for picnic-style proposals, in addition to more lavish options. They cover the Gold Coast, Brisbane, and Sunshine Coast, and may be contacted here for inquiries and bookings.
5 – Beach Picnic Proposal – Exclusive to Red Balloon, based in the Gold Coast, Queensland, this package includes romantic styling with a tipi, table and cushions, a food hamper with a bottle of champagne, plus a photographer to capture the moment – all amidst a spectacular beach setting.
6 – “Picnic on Top of the World” Day Hike – Just one of the unique proposal ideas suggested by Mark Schneider Design, why not plan an outdoorsy activity like a hike along a majestic mountain slope, lake, or waterfall? Set up your picnic spread and pop the question!
7 – A Pop-Up Proposal Picnic in Chianti – This setting from an actual proposal organized by Italy Unfiltered is a lovely example of their signature Chianti Picnic. Under a shady oak tree overlooking the Chianti wine country hills, the table is set with a linen tablecloth, crystal wine glasses, plates, cutlery, fresh flowers, and incredible food and wine showcasing local delicacies of Tuscany. For your own proposal picnic, contact them here (they have contact numbers in both the U.S. and Italy).
8 – LA’s Only Helicopter Mountain Top Landing Tour – Shoreline Picnic – Want to truly impress? Consider this exclusive offering of Orbic Air which takes you on a 50-minute helicopter tour over iconic landmarks of Los Angeles, famed beaches of Santa Monica, and breathtaking views of the California Coastline. The tour lands at a secluded plateau overlooking Malibu beach for a private picnic for two, provided with a picnic basket packed with a complimentary lunch and dessert.
Tips for Planning Your Own Picnic Proposal
Of course, not every couple can fly off to Paris, Hawaii, Tuscany, or the Gold Coast! But you can certainly still plan a surprise outdoor proposal right near home. To make your own arrangements for a picnic proposal, here are a few things we suggest you keep in mind.
- If your fiancée-to-be isn’t quite the “picnic type,” don’t worry! Use another destination or activity as your excuse to be out. Then, when you happen to stumble upon a ready-and-waiting picnic along the way and bring out the ring, she’s sure not to mind!
- If she is the “picnic type,” you can pretend that the outing is her idea. Let her plan the menu, take you shopping for the ingredients, and even choose the picnic site. Which brings us to tip #3…
- As soon as your fiancée-to-be chooses the site, arrange for a friend or family member to be there ahead of you (but hidden) to capture the moment in digital shots or a video. You mustn’t miss recording this priceless event!
- Since a couple picnic is precisely a casual, intimate event, keep the logistics simple! Just the 2 of you, your picnic supplies and food, champagne, and an accomplice-photographer or videographer would be fine. You can even include your own proposal cake to sweeten the deal. Oh and, of course, the ring!
- Make sure the food isn’t just an afterthought. To show how treasured this occasion is, plan a picnic menu that you both love. You could go Italian, Spanish, even Asian.
With summer coming up, now’s the time to ask “Will you marry me?” at a romantic picnic for two.