We all know that most fall wedding escort cards tend to revolve around the usual mini pumpkins, autumn leaves, wine corks, pine cones, and the like. So we wanted to present our readers with some unconventional card display finds that do the trick, but bring in some fresh, creative twists your guests are sure to love! Would you believe tattooed apples and clay robots? Read on for some truly cool and unusual ideas that show off your originality!
Take a Look at What You Can Do!
(1) ‘Tattooed’ apples? Yes, amazingly, this couple featured on Notes on a Wedding via Pinterest had custom stickers attached to the apples while they were still green. Then once the fruit ripened, they peeled off the sticker to reveal the design left in green. How clever is that!
(2) Perfect for a rustic, outdoor wedding, these mini logs with notches cut into the top make neat holders for up to 10 cards each. Great idea available from etsy shop This Fine Day.
(3) Yet another reason to love succulents at weddings. At this yellow and grey wedding found via Wedding Chicks, they’re presented in mini metal buckets with chic escort cards pinned on with clothespins.
(4) Hand stamping is quite a trend in wedding stationery and paper goods these days. So simple luggage tags get a vintage vibe with names and table numbers stamped on, as found via The Natural Wedding Company (photo: Natalie Shelton, now N. Barrett Photography).
(5) Wood-grain cards on bottles of Dr. Pepper make the cutest ‘woodsy’ escort card display at this real ranch wedding featured on Style Me Pretty (photo: Steve Steinhardt / styling: Beth Helmstetter Events).
(6) The Scrabble tile craze is still on for fun wedding accessories! If you can gather enough of the right letters for all your guests’ names, this example via Wedding – All Women Stalk shows how to turn them into neat escort cards.
(7) How delightful would these be for a fall or forest-themed wedding? Wood-veneer cards with bird cutouts from Papier Valise (via Bonafide Bride) are perched on potted ‘nests’ complete with tiny eggs!
(8) More luggage tags, hand stamping, and little clothes pins in this charming idea via The Bride’s Cafe. What caught our eye, though, is how the table assignments are indicated by the different stamp designs instead of the usual table numbers or names!
(9) Talk about unique and personal! These adorable robot card holders, found via United with Love (photo: Timmester Photography), were actually fashioned by the couple out of clay, and given as guest favors, too. On a side note: don’t you just love those ‘retro’ slinky rings?
(10) Sometimes, you can create the fall look through the display setup rather than the cards themselves. In this image via Wedding Wire, for instance, notice the leaf pattern on the board that the cards are pinned on. Easy and pretty!
With escort card displays this creative, guests will be really impressed by your attention to detail! Happy fall wedding!