Teeming with a colorful spring vibe, pansies have been used by bakers for centuries as accents and even actual ingredients. Known for their edible quality and brilliant hues of purple, yellow, pink, and blue, pansies are versatile and are perfect for wedding cakes and other baked goods. Just see how you can incorporate these spring blooms into your cake with our elegant finds for today!
Pansies Inspire Pretty Spring Cakes for Weddings
- Purple Pansies Tutorial – See Brides Magazine UK for this DIY on making purple pansies by Pegg Porschen.
- Pansy Cake – See this pretty pansy cake by Chelsea Fuss for Project Wedding as seen on her blog called Frolic.
- Italian Buttercream and Fresh Blue Pansies – See this vanilla bean cake with raspberry filling topped with fresh blue pansies via Rustic Garden Bistro.
- Floral-inspired Cake – Visit Flowerona for a post on stunning floral-inspired cakes in a guest post collaboration with Ceri Olofson of Bake Until Scrumptious.
- Pansy Cake With Edible Dirt – See this beautiful cake consisting of colorful pansies, Oreos and chunks of chocolate via Rikki Snyder Photography. What a divine creation!
Now that you’ve seen such pretty cakes, perhaps it’s time to raid your mother’s backyard? Just kidding, mom!