Will yours be an out-of-town wedding at the beach or a destination wedding on some exotic tropical isle? Then, you’ve surely made plans for celebrating your wedding over an entire weekend, since guests will be traveling so far to be with you. The key to making these 2 or 3 days together memorable and magical, though, is to schedule events, organize logistics, and let everyone know! How? By preparing a wedding weekend itinerary that outlines each happening by time, place, sometimes even attire – and suggests “side lights” that guests can explore on their own.
Take a look at these examples of itineraries we found. So varied, creative, and practical at the same time!
Beach Wedding Weekend Itineraries to Choose From
From whimsical to exotic, from casual to formal, from colorful to muted – our picks capture that seaside or tropical air in 12 different ways. Even the formats vary. You’ll see both folding and flat cards, loose elements and integrated sets, clever pocketfolds and elegant stationery suites, and most including amazing maps. Happy browsing!
1 – Fold-out Weekend Itinerary
Such a handy way to present your wedding weekend events. The 3-panel format opens up and folds back neatly – and features such a zesty color combo of aqua and palm-leaf green, too! As Diane of DK Designs explains, this fit perfectly into the OOT bags for her clients’ destination wedding.
2 – Destination Wedding Timeline Card
This fuss-free design by Nesting Project presents all the weekend details at a glance. Simple graphics in sea-blue on a sand-colored card alert you to each scheduled event plus important reminders.
3 – Custom Drawn Wedding Map and Itinerary
Love the whimsical vibe of this combination map and itinerary featured on E-events Design! See how you can have an artist hand-draw and color in landmarks and other fun features of your wedding location, and echo these on the lineup of wedding events.
4 – Watercolor Ombre Itinerary
Grab guests’ attention with striking watercolor-style itinerary sheets like these in ombre pink, shared by real bride Katalina Girl. They are actually a customizable template from Chic Weddings by Jamie Irene, who also added a map of Cabo on the reverse.
5 – Elegant Bahamas Wedding Itinerary
As part of a more formal invitation suite we found on Bajan Wed, this itinerary enclosure comes as an elegant card featuring calligraphy and a muted silhouette of the bride and groom – which appears on other wedding elements, too.
6 – Wedding Itinerary in a Leaf-tied Pocketfold
Now, this truly evokes the tropics! This custom-painted stationery suite by Tying the Knots features tropical flowers, palm trees and palapas (thatch-roofed huts). The invitation, location map, RSVP card, menu, weekend itinerary and timeline all fit neatly inside a pocketfold tied shut with a palm leaf.
7 – Hand-painted Coastal Maine Wedding Itinerary
Graphic icons of coastal Maine grace this lovely suite by Anticipate Invitations, in muted coral and aqua tones. Tucked in among all the stationery elements is this fold-out outline of all the celebratory events the weekend has in store.
8 – Wedding Itinerary + Custom Map + More in One
It’s almost like a little storybook of your beach wedding! A custom stationery suite, like this one by the “Map Chick,” CW Designs, can incorporate most of the usually-loose elements – including the weekend itinerary – into one fold-out packet. Makes a great keepsake, too!
9 – Casual and Cute Itinerary Card
Just as laid back and fun filled as a Mexican beach getaway, this card-style wedding itinerary featured on the Kate Aspen blog fits right in with other cool welcome favors, like retro-style sunglasses and personalized drink coozies.
10 – Passport-style Beach Wedding Itinerary
Just the thing for a travel-themed or destination wedding, this invitation suite from Sproullie Designs mimics a passport with 2 of the pages being the weekend itinerary and info on accommodation bookings. Note the clever use of “immigration stamps” to add notes and reminders!
11 – Itinerary Card for a Redondo Beach Wedding
Compact and handy, guests can carry this itinerary card around to keep up with the wedding weekend events. Touches of peacock inspiration add an exotic air to this beach invitation suite by Elsa Castañeda Graphic Design.
12 – Stylish Weathered-Look Itinerary for a Beach Wedding
Softly faded watercolor strokes of blue and taupe celebrate the sea and sand in this beach wedding itinerary available from Ivory Isle Designs. Classic sketches of starfish and seashells add to the understated charm.
Tips for Planning Your Own Wedding Weekend Itinerary
Blown away by the incredible examples above? Beyond the style or format you eventually go for, there are basic must-haves we noted for an excellent wedding weekend itinerary.
- Meticulous advance planning in coordination with your wedding organizer, the venue(s) on site, transportation providers, and other suppliers as needed. You want a seamless flow of events for maximum enjoyment for all! Be sure to include all major activities for the weekend such as the date, time, and place of events: the rehearsal dinner, ceremony, reception, and brunch/breakfast with the newlyweds.
- An easy to follow design that outlines the event titles, days, times, and locations in clearly readable, bold font. It could be in list form, a timeline, or a more artsy style – as long as it helps everyone get to the right places at the right times.
- Readily recognizable beach and/or wedding icons to call attention to important elements of the itinerary. These are usually repeated throughout your wedding stationery as well.
- An appealing map indicating the event venues, distinguishing landmarks and other points of interest in the area. Again, the map design can be as straightforward or as creative as you wish. Just don’t get your guests lost!
- Thoughtful extras like suggested attire for each event, accessories and supplies guests should bring for comfort and convenience, tips and descriptions of nearby sites they may visit or activities they can do, and an emergency number to call if needed.