Do your prospective bridesmaids live in different zip codes? No worries. We’re here to help you make long-distance bridesmaid proposals that are both creative and practical. Instead of spending the time and a lot of effort in assembling a trinket-filled proposal box, we suggest alternative ways that are not only sentimental, but easy to put together and mail out with minimal hassle at the post office. (*this post contains affiliate links)
Alternative Ways to Ask “Will You Be My Bridesmaid?” from Miles Away
For your bridesmaids living in a different state (or country), pop the proposal question in a way they’ll love—but won’t cause you postage or courier worries.
Here are our picks for custom items that are lightweight, compact, and non-fragile. Plus personalizable packaging accessories for bridesmaid proposal ideas you can DIY!
1 – Floral Will You Be My Bridesmaid Notebook – from Zazzle
2 – Bridesmaids Cards with Envelopes (12 pack) – from Amazon
3 – Floral Will You Be My Bridesmaid Card – from Swoozies
4 – Can’t Say I Do Gift Tag – from Swoozies
5 – Draper James I Can’t Say I Do Tote – from Swoozies
6 – Undercover Bridesmaid DVD – from Amazon
7 – Will You Be My Bridesmaid? Small Button White Pearl Necklace, 16″ (with card and gift box) – from Amazon
8 – I Can’t Tie The Knot Without You Bridesmaid Bracelets, Rose Gold Tone (Set of 4, 5, 6) – from Amazon
9 – Silk Floral Favor Bags in Pastel Colors – from the Bellenza SHOP – Fill with fragrant bath salts, soap, potpourri, or jewelry, and add a tag or card
10 – Mini Ivory Enamel Frames – from the Bellenza SHOP – Tuck in a sweet saying or bridesmaid request, then bundle up in silky wraps
As you can see, popping the bridesmaid question long-distance need not be a hassle!
Some unique sayings or quotes to include:
- “Friend for life! Bridesmaid for my Big Day!”
- “Why be a guest at my wedding? Be my bridesmaid instead!”
- “Please say yes! I’ve already got your bridesmaid dress!”
- “As I say ‘I do,” I need you! Will you be my bridesmaid?”
- “We are family! Got to have my sisters with me! Be my bridesmaid, please?”
MORE FINDS for Mail-able Bridesmaid Proposal Ideas!
We just couldn’t resist searching for other creative ways to “pop the question” to your bridesmaids across the miles. Here are 10 more! (*this new section contains affiliate links). Updated March 26, 2019
- “Will You Be My Bridesmaid?” Gift Trio with Labels and Boxes – from Evermine
- “You’re My Person” Mug – via Amazon
- Bridesmaid Scratch Cards Heart Envelopes – via Amazon
- Bridesmaid Puzzle Invitation Proposal – via Amazon
- Wooden Bridesmaid Proposal Gift Box – from The Chelsea Collect
- “Found My Mister, But I Still Need My Sister” card – from Crimson and Clover Studio
- DIY Bridesmaid Proposal Box – from Weddingstar
- Beach Hair Elastics – from Mailbox Melodies
- Bridesmaid Handbook – from The Knot through Amazon
5. Box of fresh flowers (just include a card!)- from ProFlowers
Shipping Rules and Restrictions through USPS!
Do remember that there are certain restrictions on what can be sent through USPS. Be sure to check their site for rules on sending items such as nail polish, tobacco, alcohol, and matches. Rules vary depending on whether your are mailing something domestically or internationally. For shipping restrctions, go here.
This post contains affiliate links and Bellenza, Inc. will be compensated if a clicked link results in a sale. Not all links are affiliate links on this post.