Look what we found! Easter treats are everywhere, so the choice of what to give as edible favors or to use as decorations can be mind-boggling. We have to admit, we were pretty overwhelmed ourselves surfing the web to prepare this post. So we decided to focus on ideas that were eggstra special…meaning featuring eggs in some way! Here, then, is a roundup of charming Easter egg inspiration—from darling decorative pieces to handmade items to the prettiest (and yummiest) edibles.
It’s an Easter Eggstravaganza!
- Decorated egg-shaped macarons, homebaked by Kokocooks (with actual crushed lavender, lemon zest, and ground pistachios to match each lovely color)
- Pastel eggs all prettied up with some paint and a lot of paper flower punches, as shown on Such Pretty Things
- Cadbury mini eggs packaged in kraft paper bags with lovely calligraphy, found via Elizabeth Anne Designs (photos by Marie Labbancz)
- Milk chocolate eggs filled with gianduja (a blend of hazelnut paste and chocolate), an Easter treat from Theo Chocolate. Great as favors for a wedding shower!
- The cutest pastel-colored Easter cookie pops from Amelie’s House , featured on My Owl Barn
- Iced Easter cookies in a little nest, featured as part of an intimate brunch setting on The Sweetest Occasion (styled by Cut and Paste and Basta un Poco di Zucchero )
- Mini marzipan eggs, chocolate truffles, and a tiny bunny share a scrumptious nest made of caramelized, chocolate-covered almond slivers, highly recommended by The Nibble
- Darling DIY egg ornaments filled with colorful jelly beans, crafted by Torie Jayne