Floral fever got you this Spring? If so, give your wedding guests something inspired by the blooms of the season by preparing real flowers in jars, bottles, or vases as your favors. See how you can present floral favors in a variety of ways from escort card tables to centerpieces that can be taken home as wonderful keepsakes. With our handy tips, think creatively as you will see below how budget-friendly this option can be for brides looking to not only save on their favors, but also give an eco-friendly memento of their special day.
Tips for Presenting Pretty Flower Favors: From Bottles to Vases
- Use bottles, vases, and jars in unique and interesting shapes. These include vintage bottles for soda, perfume, or beer. You can easily find them at flea markets or ask friends and family if they have bottles laying around at home.
- Make use of multi-colored bottles such as those found in Moroccan markets. You can also check for colored vintage bottles, which can be bought in bulk on Amazon or ebay.
- Add personalized labels or tags when using them as place or escort card holders. These are best presented on table at the entrance to your reception.
- Incorporate calligraphy or handwritten lettering on bottles for fancy presentation. You can use metallic markers in gold or silver, or try chalk ink markers.
- To create these favors yourself, you can obtain flowers by buying store-bought bouquets that are cut up into smaller stems. This would be ideal for a small wedding or bridal shower. To save money on a large wedding, you may consider buying flowers at a wholesale outlet such as the Los Angeles Flower Mart.
- Mix and match flowers for a colorful display. Think vibrant hues in magenta, red, and orange. Wild flowers are also a nice option to consider.
- Add flair like sequins, glitter, or ribbons. Dip the base of your container in gold for a dazzling effect.
- Some flower ideas include: anemones, chrysanthemums, dahlias, magnolias, marigolds, roses, lilies, sunflowers, daisies, carnations, and roses.
1 – Southern Weddings / 2 – via Pinterest / 3 – the Knot / 4 – Vogue / 5 – Gather Together Events / 6 DK Designs Hawaii / 7 – Bellenza / 8 – Amazon / 9 – Martha Stewart Weddings / 10 – the Knot / 11 – Taste Arkansas