Before we know it, fall will be here! And with that lovely season come all the colors and textures that make a barn-themed wedding such a delight to decorate. Just imagine all the rustic details you can bring together for the centerpieces, the wedding cake, the welcome sign, the escort cards, and of course an actual barn for the venue! The key is selecting those elements that reflect your personal style and sentiments as a couple!
Mood Board for a Barnyard Wedding
1. Okay, so this isn’t really a decor element. But wouldn’t a pair of darling red boots make a cool accessory for this theme? They sure would, whether put on display at the barn entrance or else worn by the bride—as in this fab shoot by Austin Warnock Photography, featured on Bridesmaid.com.
2. This is one theme where wildflower centerpieces in bottles and mason jars are just perfect. The more “just plucked from a meadow” they look, the better! Take your cue from this charming arrangement of colorful zinnias and statice featured on Fabulous Occasions.
3. Want a break from the traditional formal wedding cake? Now’s your chance! Offer guests a homemade multi-layer cake with cream filling and luscious fresh cherries, inspired by this gorgeous farm-to-table shoot featured on Lemon Sprinkles Events’ blog, Penny Candy. Check out the full post, with styling by Calluna Events, for more fabulous inspiration. If you love this offbeat idea, see our post on hosting a bbq rehearsal dinner party.
4. Now, here’s a clever spin on escort cards for your guests! Prepare bandanas for each one, with their names and table numbers pinned on. Then, these can become cute keepsakes of this barn-themed occasion. Love this idea from a casual rehearsal dinner on Weddings With Tara.
5. Something to really catch everyone’s attention at your ceremony would be a haystack ring pillow! Found at Morgann Hill Designs, this unique accessory comes with a wooden heart personalized with your initials. Rustic chic indeed!
6. What would a barn wedding be without a barn venue, right? So if you find a farm setting with an authentic red barn on it, like this fabulous West Monitor Barn in Vermont we found via Estate Weddings and Events, then you’ve got the ambiance all set.
7. Chickens, pigs, and cows in letterpress? Why not! Set the barn theme from the minute your guests receive their invitations, but you can certainly do so in style. Just see how down-on-the-farm details get a touch of glam in this custom invitation suite by Elum, featured on Paper Crave.
8. For a real treat to send home with guests, why not try s’mores in a jar! This particular variation of a campfire favorite is by Soup Addict and comes with a great how-to (that by the way, also makes a real entertaining read!). Guests will love these!
9. Even your wedding welcome sign can be true to the theme. Check out this charming piece we found via Etsy Wedding. It’s handcrafted from recycled barn wood by the husband and wife team behind the etsy shop Shandrus Creations. What a great wedding memento this would make, too!
If you enjoyed this theme, check out our Western-themed rehearsal dinner!