It’s hard to believe that the year 2013 is almost over! We’ve gathered the trendiest ideas from the past year. From breathtaking venues to unique themes to stunning wedding send-offs, come and see these 10 great finds from weddings that we absolutely adore. We hope your special day is just as creative and unforgettable as these weddings.
What We Love! 2013 Wedding Trends
1. Breezy Estate Weddings – If you’re planning a daytime estate wedding, remember to keep the colors easy on the eyes. Take a cue from the nude pink gowns worn by the bridesmaids in this real wedding with a calm, chic and simple vibe. Add a touch of elegance by using classic white roses for bridal bouquets. See more of this estate wedding’s fabulous details over at Polka Dot Wedding.
2. Elegant and Rustic Weddings – Imagine a sweet combination of vintage and modern wedding themes, decorated in hues of cream, green and pink with a perfect hint of sparkle! We’re so glad we found this gorgeous wedding featured on Elizabeth Anne Designs. A true wedding trendsetter!
3. Sweet and Classic Weddings (with DIY Details) – If you’re thinking of a lovely classic wedding, there’s nothing to keep you from adding details you’ve made yourself. For instance, you need not splurge on a pricey headpiece. You can create one using any wedding-appropriate fabric, like satin. Make flower-shaped cut-outs, stitch them together, and add a pretty ornament such as a gemstone. A perfect example would be this lovely piece we saw at a classic DIY wedding featured on Burnett’s Boards.
4. Lovely Vintage Fairytale – Vintage is still one of the most-loved wedding themes and continues to be a real wedding trend. So if a vintage fairytale is your dream wedding, the magic will lie in the fantasy-like details. Take inspiration, for instance, from this wedding we found via One Fab Day. Heart-shaped wreaths adorned the couple’s chairs—lovely! Photography by Chemistry Photography.
5. Handmade Sapphire-Inspired Weddings – Here’s one wedding that truly pleases the eye and warms the heart. Inspired by the bride’s sapphire engagement ring, most of the wedding details were in blue—from the bouquets to the bridesmaid dresses to the dessert table! Visit the full post at Love My Dress to see more of this wedding’s lovely styling ideas with a handmade touch.
6. Sweet and Simple Wedding – We’re so glad that this gem of a wedding was shared by Ever Ours. It’s sweet, simple and a true masterpiece of love. This couple shot in front of the Salt Lake Latter-Day Saints Temple is truly stunning. Be sure to take a peek at the rest of the lovely images captured by Pepper Nix Photography!
7. Vintage Barnyard Weddings – We absolutely adore the vintage caravan set up at this real barnyard wedding for that authentic vintage feel! Plus the sweet florals, composed of peonies, hydrangeas, and blush pink roses. What a treat to stumble upon this lovely affair from Passion for Flowers.
8. A Sparkler Sendoff at a Wedding in Ireland – We totally love the exit to this beautiful, sunny wedding. The whole celebration came to an exciting close with the guests sending off the newlyweds, not with the usual petal toss, but by lighting up wedding sparklers to light the couple’s way. Very trendy, indeed. Get blown away by the complete story on One Fab Day! Photography by Anna Pumer.
9. Spectacular Lighting and Entertainment – A major element to consider in making a large wedding both elegant and dramatic is lighting! And this real wedding showcased on United With Love was definitely large (nearly 1,000 guests)! Plus, as you can see, the post-ceremony entertainment was not to be missed either. Imagine multi-colored lights and Bollywood-inspired dance numbers!
10. Historic Rice Mill Weddings – When we witness weddings as beautifully genuine as this, we can’t help but fall in love. This elegant white and blue wedding had all the details that any couple could wish for—a gorgeous palette, an amazing waterfront backdrop, and a venue that’s simply decorated to perfection. Many thanks to The Wedding Row for this wedding day inspiration!