Who doesn’t dream of the Caribbean as an ultimate luxe vacation spot? So why not bring its exotic allure to your wedding party table display? For the “right” combination of elements for that Caribbean look and feel, simply keep in mind three key points:
– Color, color, color! – in hues of green, orange, and yellow
– Organic textures – from natural materials such as sinamay, wood, leaves, and straw
– Tropical decor touches – taking a cue from the Caribbean with shapely, exotic, and patterned objects as table elements
Be Inspired with Elements of the Caribbean
Ready for some easy and inspirational ideas? See how these key points are used below—and get ideas for your own Caribbean-inspired wedding party!
1. The Place Settings – Say “Welcome to the Caribbean!” with place settings with that tropical/organic vibe. As placemats or table runners, lay out raw sinamay or other natural-fiber fabrics on the tabletop. Contrast classic white dinner plates with wooden chargers—both square in shape and cleverly set at an angle to one another for a chic look. Top these with brightly printed napkins folded in a tropical-inspired shape (spot the pineapple?). And complete the look with pretty place cards in shell-encrusted frames that double as guest favors.
2. The Favors – You’ve seen the shell frames that double as place card holders and guest favors. Now, try edible favors—in tropical fruit flavors and colors, of course! Mini favor baskets in sleek silver provide a surprising contrast to the table’s organic look, and will make fun party favors to take home. The heart-shaped woven boxes in photo 3 are another lovely favor packaging/place card idea as these boxes can be reused to hold toiletries or trinkets.
3. The Colors and Textures – Think “exuberant tropical carnival,” then bring in the colors and decor touches to match. Use bold yellows, oranges, and greens—both in solids and in playful prints—to immediately set a fun-loving, celebratory mood. Toss in natural textures and hues with wood, straw, leaves, raw-fiber fabrics, and berries, plus sinamay boxes holding mango-shaped place cards.
– Lay out a boldly-colored table cloth, like our golden yellow one here.
– Serve tropical drinks in sunny citrus colors.
– Use banana leaves as plate liners to add verdant hues.
– Bring in vibrant finishing touches like bright orange ribbons and strings of multi-colored beads.
– Decorate the table with tropical fruits such as pineapples, bananas, and mangoes. A sure budget-pleaser, too!
See how the fun of a Caribbean-inspired display starts with the decorating? Just wait till the party begins!