Would you like to go beyond the traditional rustic wedding theme? Why not give it a whimsical spin and go for a woodland-inspired wedding? As you’ll see from these 7 inspiring finds, this theme can have a certain out-of-the-box elegance that turns woodsy into dreamy. Take some ideas from here on how to pull off a perfect woodland wedding, and you’ll have an awesome occasion that will leave a lasting impression even years later.
Inspiring Ideas for Making the Occasion Special
1. Invitations – Start off by making guests go “Wow!” with invitations featuring that handcrafted look. Choose a simple stationery suite, like this one on kraft paper, and play with creative fonts and charming hand-drawn graphics. No need to overdo the decoration, as even a spare design can turn out this stylish.
2. Escort cards – In keeping with this motif, a nature-inspired escort card display is just the thing. Here’s one fabulous idea that uses ‘slices’ of tree branches to hold each guest’s name card, then presents them on a moss-covered table. Perfect!
3. Cake – Delight guests with a cake that’s as gorgeous as it is delicious! We were instantly smitten by this creation, trimmed with a woody vine and ivory-colored blooms. Plus isn’t that tree stump just the ideal rustic cake stand for this theme?
4. Wedding dress – For a woodland-inspired wedding dress, we suggest a style that is soft, flowing, and ethereal-looking, like this one that seems designed for a wood nymph. Of course, thou shalt not forget a lovely floral crown for a romantic finish!
5. Backdrop – With the forest as an already magical venue, your ceremony backdrop can be as simple as draped fabric adorned with a wreath of fresh greenery. Just imagine yourselves framed by this elegant accent piece as you exchange your I do’s!
6. Bridal bouquet – Here’s one woodland-perfect bouquet idea with a sophisticated air! Notice how the flowers are all in gorgeous neutral tones, accented with fruits (in this case, figs) and finished with a burlap strip for a wrap. Lady guests will be all excited to catch such a special bouquet!
7. Menu – Your reception menu printed on a wooden slab couldn’t be more perfect for this theme. Love how the silhouette graphics of deer, pine needles, and leafy sprigs complete the fairyland forest effect.
Other charming accents you could add? Think mushrooms (or should it be toadstools for this theme?), birds and butterflies, miniature figurines of deer, rabbits, owls, or foxes. For touches of greenery, consider ferns, moss, and ivy; while for rustic textures, try baskets, tree bark, wood chips, woody vines, raffia, straw, jute, even pebbles or river stones.
1 – Pat Furey Photography, via Green Wedding Shoes
2 – Joe+Kathrina, via Wedding Chicks
3 – original source unknown, image via Society Bride
4 – Samuelle Couture / Jose Villa, via Simple Bluprint
5 – Ellagraph Studios, via Ruffled
6 – Haute Horticulture / Annabelle Charles, via Belle and Chic
7 – Paula O’Hara