Just seeing the words ‘backyard’ and ‘brunch’ already gave us a good feeling about this bridal shower we’re about to feature. And when we saw the lovely photos of this intimate, at-home gathering planned and hosted by Stacey of Birds of the Feather for her family’s (now) sister-in-law, we were completely won over! We just knew this would have to be part of our Fabulous Feature series.
Lovely Details You Have to See
What makes this bridal shower brunch so special, we feel, is nothing over-the-top or perfectly polished or extravagant. In fact, it’s precisely the personal touches and lovingly planned details—mismatched though they are, DIYed, and in some cases borrowed—that spell ‘fabulous’ in our opinion!
Highlights of the party that are worth noting:
– lovely place settings combining gold chargers and gold-rimmed plates with cute ‘bowtie’ napkins hiding the cutlery tucked in on the reverse
– cards spelling out the bride-to-be’s name, for guests to write words or phrases starting with each letter
– a cheery floral table runner matching the centerpieces that featured an assortment of tin cans wrapped with doilies, mason jars, floral garlands, tea candles, and tissue flowers in varying shades of pinks, whites, and greens
– on the place settings, napkins were arranged like pretty bow ties
– tree garlands of pink and purple tissue paper flowers hanging overhead
– on the brunch buffet table: a yummy selection of spinach, sausage, and cheese quiches; assorted home-baked muffins; bite-size sandwiches, and fresh fruits in a watermelon basket
– for dessert: strawberry shortcake served in individual sorbet cups
Now, doesn’t all this sound like a bridal shower brunch you’d love to—and definitely can—plan and host in your own backyard? For a few more ideas and tips on how Stacey gathered tables and chairs and planned a fun game for the guests, hop on over and visit the full post. We do thank her and her family for this charming at-home party inspiration!
SUBMIT YOUR PARTY!
If you have a gathering you’ve personally styled and/or hosted for any occasion, send our editors your photos with highlights of the event. Click here for more details. Who knows? It may be one of our upcoming Fabulous Features!