Bridal showers tend to favor sweet pinks and peaches for a color palette, or a combination of soft pastels. So, we thought, why not shake up the shower styling a bit with a non-traditional color choice? Why not aqua and black? That’s how we chanced upon this fun bridal shower styled and hosted by Jackie of Domestic Fits for her younger sister. She and her co-host older sister chose a chic aqua, black and white palette to tie all the decor and food elements together. We love how it’s a real event held in a home, using items that Jackie crafted herself (and graciously describes how) or that would readily be available in any household. In other words, this would be doable by any bridal shower planner—big sister or not. Thanks for the inspiration, Jackie!
We Just Love this Chic Bridal Shower
Color is always key in giving any event that pulled-together look. With so many diverse elements in view, it could get pretty messy visually were it not for a creatively applied palette! Take some clever cues, then, from Jackie’s use of aqua, black, and white to keep this bridal shower looking well-planned and appealing.
- For an intimate gathering like this, selecting a focal point for your party is a great idea. Jackie and her sis clearly centered attention around the candy buffet and the food and drinks display.
- A large decor element like a backdrop or, in this case, a table cloth, can immediately provide a base for your color scheme. Here, the shower hosts chose aqua vinyl covers with white polka dots. Easy to source and great to keep for future parties!
- The candy assortment on the sweets table all carried the aqua and white theme: rock candy sticks, swirly pops, white choco-dipped pretzels, and wafer sticks topped with aqua sprinkles. Again, all readily available off the grocery shelves—with a little creative customizing.
- Even the cupcakes were so prettily coordinated, using black and white damask print liners, white frosting, and aqua swirly pops as ready-to-use toppers!
- The drinks were also cleverly chosen to suit the color scheme. Cream sodas and berry lemonade from Jones Soda were the perfect white and aqua. Then, Jackie dressed them up with a matching customized ribbon saying “Eat, Drink & Be Married”! (We also spy a dispenser filled with Peach Sangria alongside. Certainly a practical accessory no party-planning home should be without!)
- Food labels are another fun opportunity to show off your chosen colors. Here, Jackie made cutouts in a pretty “bracket” shape and mounted them on aqua and black-and-white board backing. Cute!
- And finally your shower favors should remind guests of the party look, too. Takeout boxes in the same chic aqua were the hostesses’ choice. Perfect for guests to scoop up and take home their choice of treats from the candy buffet!
We’re sure you enjoyed this peek into a sweet little at-home bridal shower, clearly styled with love. Now, to take these ideas and plan a similar intimate event you may be hosting! To see the entire party, read the blog post.
For more inspiration on “Cooking. Baking. Parties. & All Other Fits of Domesticity” do visit Jackie’s blog, Domestic Fits.