Once summer kicks in, couples have every reason to celebrate in sunkissed style! And one of the cheeriest ways to do so is with a lemon-themed ceremony and reception. Imagine our delight to discover these modern and chic decorating ideas with a fresh, zesty tang to them—from invites to a bouquet to table elements and more! Just a survey of these should get your creative (lemon) juices flowing for sure!
See our Inspiration Board with Some “Sunny” Ideas
- Golden yellow mini mums glued back to back on ribbon make such a pretty garland-style centerpiece! Originally styled by Kelly of Santa Barbara Chic, found via Oh So Beautiful Paper, this would make a great accent for a dessert buffet or a guest book table.
- How irresistibly refreshing are these lemon sorbets, served in hollowed out lemon rinds? Such a cute idea from (where else?) Cutest Food, that you could easily recreate with store-bought sorbet and fresh lemons!
- Navy and white stripes and polkadots add a crisp, nautical slant to this table from Object Splendor. Just proves that you can combine the sunny look with other motifs, depending on your wedding venue or season.
- Creative one-of-a-kind touches are always special. Like these layered menu tags crafted by Kristy of Momental Designs, featuring her very own art work! If you’ve got an artistic bent, why not give this idea a try?
- A bouquet of bright yellow blooms just seems to beam! We like this version we found on a real bride’s blog Ten Eleven Ten, where golden and burgundy flowers are combined to suit their “cran-lemon” wedding theme. Cute yellow damask trim on their invites, too!
- This is actually a daisy-inspired cake we found via Amour Amour. But we immediately saw how its half-sunburst patterns could match the citrusy decor of the wedding perfectly!
- One of the most popular lemon-themed parties in blogland provides this sweet idea for lemon-flavored cupcakes. For more loveliness, you must visit Jessica’s post over at Pen N’ Paper Flowers!
- We just love the clean, simple lines of this bridesmaid’s dress with a single fabric rosette edged in grey as featured on Fancypants Weddings.
I love bright pops of yellow at weddings! Great ideas!
Thanks for stopping by, Elizabeth! Yes, isn’t yellow such a cheery color to have at a summer wedding? 🙂