Worried that a St. Patrick’s Day theme for your wedding party might come across as too cutesy or trite? Well, in truth, the look and feel of your event can be as obviously (or as subtly) Irish as you make it. It’s all up to you!
So, to help you with some ideas on planning a hip and stylish take on this well-loved holiday, we searched the web for inspiration for food to decorations to favors. Admittedly, these aren’t strictly St. Patrick’s Day ideas, but they all capture that “luck o’ the Irish” ambiance through appealing shades of green and a shamrock or two tucked in here and there!
Check out These Fun and Creative Ideas
- For appetizers, how tempting would these Irish potato pancakes, known as Boxty, be? They’re made with mashed and shredded potatoes, mixed with bacon bits and cheddar cheese. Yummy recipe available from Simply Potatoes. Tip: For more tasty ideas, Food Network features some exciting ideas for small bites. And for a full menu, check out Epicurious, which offers three different menu options from a dinner party to a brunch menu. See more.
- As part of a candy buffet table, display a variety of confections such as these chocolate-covered sunflower seeds in fun shades of green. This post from The Nibble includes these and other delicious St. Patrick’s Day treats, too.
- For St. Paddy-inspired favors, you couldn’t find a simpler idea than these cute marshmallow pops with tiny shamorcks that we found on The Decorated Cookie blog. Have guests grab a handful to take home and enjoy.
- For dessert, set out a tempting display of rich chocolate cupcakes topped with Bailey’s Irish Cream frosting! Betsy of Belly Feathers calls this treat “a St. Patrick’s Day dessert masterpiece!”
- Set the fresh look of your party tables with gorgeous floral arrangements, like this one from Shosho Designs that combines green cymbidium orchids, button mums, and hypericum berries—all in such vibrant shades of green.
- One great party drink to serve would be a martini made with green apple vodka and cinnamon vodka, according to this recipe from Martini Mischief. For the perky color alone (okay maybe for the kick, too!), wouldn’t you love this on your party tables?
- For more sweet treats, serve charming individual cakes like these beauties by Nicky Grant patissiere and chocolatier, coated in Georgian green fondant and white chocolate and decorated with delicate sugar flowers.
- To add to the festive vibe, scatter shamrock confetti on the party tables, amidst the favor display, and even on the desserts buffet. This sampling from Chico Party is particularly fun in metallic green and gold!
- And if you’d really like that authentic St. Patrick’s Day touch, why not purchase fresh shamrock plants from an outlet like Trader Joe’s and arrange them in a simple white vase? Then, as shown by Stranded in Cleveland, you can decorate the vase with cards bearing a sweet Irish blessing.