DIY place cards get a fresh, trendy update with ideas like these 10 we’re sharing today. We love how they play with the colors, geometrics, and metallics that are so ‘on trend’ now. Plus, best of all, each card project is totally doable—whether you’re an avid crafter or a bride seeking to add some personal touches to your wedding tables! It’s the little details like these that let guests know how much you value their presence at your wedding. And if your theme has a modern slant, one of these place card ideas might be just what you’re looking for.
10 Modern and Hip Ideas that you DIY-able
1 – Faceted geometrics – A stained-glass window effect gone hip! You can choose any card shape and fill the cutout ‘facets’ with your palette colors. Just follow the simple how-to from Confetti Pop.
2 – Dressed up printables – Take advantage of ready-to-use printable cards, like these trendy chevron ones we spotted via Wedd Book (credited to Wedding Chicks). Then make them your own with touches like ribbons and beads, plus handwritten guest names. How easy is that!
3 – Framed chalkboards – Why not borrow this neat idea from a schoolroom-inspired table setting we found via Modern Party Ideas? The little frames can be painted to suit your wedding motif and the names handwritten in chalk (DIY tutorial over at House and Home).
4 – Watercolor and calligraphy – Create an artsy impression for your place settings! Plurabelle Calligraphy & Design Studio provides the complete procedure, including how to create the pretty marbled and speckled effects.
5 – Painted clay holders – Here the focus is on the geometric card stands crafted from oven-bake clay then painted color-block style. This takes a little crafting skill, as demonstrated on Sugar and Cloth, but the results are worth it!
Other creative ideas you can use:
6. Square glass or acrylic tiles – Create sleek-looking cards using metallic gold or silver markers rendered in your handwriting! How’s that for a personal touch!
7. Black card stock – These are great when using neon-colored markers or crayons. Add cool graffiti-like artwork for achieving a chic industrial look. Cut them into geometrical shapes for a trendy spin.
8. Shapely rocks – Nature’s best! Simply use white or metallic markers! You can buy them polished or unpolished in bulk, so there is a money-saving option here.
9. Paint chip cards – Utterly cool! Get them in multi-colors or in the color scheme of your wedding. Then, choose a metallic marker for a truly colorful effect!
10. Rock candy – So sweet and pretty! Create rock candy place cards by attaching little flags to the stems of the candy. See idea here.
Made your choice? Okay now, make your place cards! Don’t be afraid to be creative!