Ditch the concept of sit-down dinner reception with a casual, fun and creative approach to planning your wedding menu. While some brides may shudder at the thought of serving hot dogs, pizza, burgers, and even fried chicken at the most important day of their life, let these yummy wedding food ideas change the way you think of having a traditional sit-down affair. Think unconventional meets modern day brides!
19 Food Ideas for a Non Sit-down Wedding Reception
From comfort food to a fish fry, these yummy options are not only great for a wedding reception, but also for rehearsal dinners and engagement parties, including at-home or intimate nuptials. We’ve also packed in several midnight snack ideas for late endings. Pick 2-3 ideas below and work with your wedding caterer to make it happen!
1. Bacon Bar – A bacon bar set up with a variety of bacon-made bites are sure to run out quickly!
2. Baseball Party Food – Serve your guests scrumptious stadium eats from sliders to corn on the cob. Perfect for a summer wedding.
4. Bread Bar with a French Flair – Serve fresh breads and cheeses for guests at this sophisticated French country-inspired bread bar.
5 . Chili Wedding Station – Just in time for fall, a chili station will be welcomed by all your NFL fan wedding guests.
6. Crostini Stations – Get ideas and inspiration on how to serve fresh toppings and breads as guests assemble their own crostini bites.
7. Gourmet Burgers – Our Los Angeles-based brides are in for a surprising number of ways to serve gourmet burgers!
8. Fish fry – Have a scrumptious feast serving fresh shrimps, oysters, and fish with a summer fish fry that aims to be fun and casual.
9. Fried Chicken – Bring comfort food to center stage with fried chicken and delicious side dishes for a memorable feast. Includes heart-healthy options as well.
10. Football (Tailgate) Food – Think tempting finger foods like mozzarella sticks, chicken wings, and corn dogs. Perfect for a fall wedding during football season.
11. His and Hers Snack Station – Bring back your childhood snacks from caramel popcorn to onion rings that are displayed as a bride and groom snack station.
14. Pretzel – Consider a station with freshly made pretzels and beer on the side. What a cool concept for an Oktoberfest wedding!
15. Nacho Bar – Whether it’s a Cinco de Mayo wedding or not, a nacho bar is a definite way to make a statement that you are all about fun.
17. Potato Chip Bar – Satisfy those midnight cravings at your wedding with a crunchy potato chip bar complete with dips, serving pieces, and take-home containers.
18. Trail Mix Bar – Have crunch, sweet, salty, and savory fillings for a trail mix bar at your wedding!
19. Walking Taco Bar – Keep the conversations going all night long with a fun walking taco bar. Add the chili and guests will be asking for more!
Still not satisfied? Check out our stylish food station ideas for rustic outdoor weddings!